✓ Master’s degree in Specialized Translation (English/French – Spanish), with a specialization in Financial and Legal Translation.
The main subject of my Master’s thesis was insurance translation, entitled “Insurance Translation. Translation and Analysis of a Life Insurance Policy“.
✓ Degree in Economics (specializing in Public Economy).
✓ Degree in English Philology (in progress).
✓ Certificate in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language.
I often take additional courses to improve my skills as well as to learn about other areas I’m interested in:
✓ English for Specific Purposes and Translation:
- 2007: English for economists.
- 2008: English for electronic trade.
- 2014: Website translation.
- 2014: Project management with SDL Trados Studio.
- 2015: Terminology.
✓ Mandarin Chinese:
- 2014: Basic Chinese
- 2014: Chinese A1.
- 2015: HSK 1 (Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì).
- 2011: Office automation.
- 2011: Adobe Dreamweaver.
- 2011: Creating, editing and synchronizing professional multimedia presentations.
- 2013: SDL Trados Studio 2011.
✓ Business and Marketing Fields:
- 2008: From the businessman to the family business.
- 2008: Innovation and knowledge management.
- 2011: Setting up a new company.
- 2012: Direct marketing.
- 2013: Business advice for freelancers.
- 2014: Advanced strategy for entrepreneurs (see certificate).
✓ Social Networks and Internet:
- 2008: Internet responsibilities.
- 2008: Main issues in online business initiatives.
- 2011: Internet positioning for enterprises.
- 2013: Community Manager.
- 2015: Marketing online strategies (see certificate).
- 2010: Environmental management: ISO 14001.
- 2010: Economy, enterprise and environment.
- Music education (piano and keyboards) over 12 years.
And how does an economist end up becoming a translator?