✓ Master’s Degree in Specialized Translation (English/French – Spanish), with a specialization in Financial and Legal Translation. 2013. University of Córdoba, Spain.
The main subject of my Master’s thesis was Insurance Translation, entitled “Insurance Translation. Translation and Analysis of a Life Insurance Policy“.
✓ Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (specializing in Public Economy). 2010. University of Zaragoza, Spain.
✓ Certificate in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language. 2019. INESEM Business School and King Juan Carlos University, Spain.
✓ Bachelor’s Degree in English Philology. In progress. National University of Distance Education, Spain.
I often take additional courses to improve my skills as well as to learn about other areas I’m interested in:
✓ Conferences and Events:
- 2014: National Meeting of Translation and Interpreting Students. Soria, Spain.
- 2015: 5th Conference of the Spanish Modern Languages Society. Sevilla, Spain.
- 2018: 15th Anniversary of the Spanish Association of Translators, Copy-editors, and Interpreters. Zaragoza, Spain.
- 2021: 2nd Sociolinguistics International Seminar: “De la norma, el estándar y lo normativo”. Universidad de Alicante y Universidad de Navarra (online).
- 2021: 1st Translation and Interpretation International Congress: “La lengua como motor de comunicación e integración”. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (online).
✓ Other Languages:
- 2014: Basic Chinese
- 2014: Chinese A1.
- 2015: HSK 1 (Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì).
- 2017: Thai (beginner level).
- 2019: Portuguese (beginner level).
✓ English for Specific Purposes and Translation:
- 2007: English for economists.
- 2008: English for electronic trade.
- 2014: Website translation.
- 2015: Terminology.
- 2015: Pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm. Advanced level.
- 2016: Revision, proofreading, and editing.
- 2011: Office automation.
- 2011: Adobe Dreamweaver.
- 2011: Creating, editing and synchronizing professional multimedia presentations.
- 2013: SDL Trados Studio 2011.
- 2014: Project management with SDL Trados Studio.
✓ Business and Marketing Fields:
- 2008: From the businessman to the family business.
- 2008: Innovation and knowledge management.
- 2011: Setting up a new company.
- 2012: Direct marketing.
- 2013: Business advice for freelancers.
- 2014: Advanced strategy for entrepreneurs (see certificate).
- 2015: Written language: Key to boosting business projects.
- 2016: Improve your professionalism as a micro-entrepreneur.
- 2017: Enthusiasm management. Why our mood determines our results.
- 2019: Conscious productivity.
✓ Social Networks and Internet:
- 2008: Internet responsibilities.
- 2008: Main issues in online business initiatives.
- 2011: Internet positioning for enterprises.
- 2013: Community Manager.
- 2015: Marketing online strategies (see certificate).
- 2010: Environmental management: ISO 14001.
- 2010: Economy, enterprise and environment.
- Music education (piano and keyboards) over 12 years.
And how does an economist end up becoming a translator?